Sunday 22 June 2008

Sri sri Londonishwar does it again


Sorry friends for not uploading the pics and videos of the London Rathyatra on sunday itself. London summer, when it is windy, does knock me down by the hayfever. This is again surprising as I have been living around trees and plants for all my childhood, and never had pollen allergy, but I must confess, the pollens out here have the effect on me.

So before the blog goes somewhere else, I should revert back to the Rathyatra. Well I had planned to cover the Rathyatra from the start, but as it turned out, one of my friends had a puja in the Shrinathji Haveli from 12 - 1, and so I only managed to reach the Rathyatra on its destination, the Trafalgar square.

As I said in my last post, the met had predicted a wet afternoon, but it turned out to be a clear blue sky with a temperature of 21 degrees C. So the Jagganath prabhu did shower the blessings on the devotees for a wonderful afternoon.
I had a chance to record few performances by the devotees from Venezuala, who had composed the songs and music by themselves. It was a nice fusion with Hindi/Sanskrit/English words, with Latin American and Soul music.

I had taken these pics of the prabhu in his full glory, on the rath watching over all the devotees, and showering the blessings.
As compared to last year, the crowd was not that tremendous, but considering that it was a religious function, it was significant. One could not compare the crowd gathering on the Diwali on London festival, with such events, as DIL is organised by Mayor of London, and is an event which is supported by the Jains, Hindus, and Sikhs; whereas the Rathyatra is being organised by ISKCON, which is just an organisation that believes in Hindu ideologies.
Well I guess, I would write another blog entry on this topic someother day, but for now I would let you guys enjoy the photos and the video of the wonderful performance.

Signing off and Hari Bol to all devotees.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's way too cool.

Rasesh Dave said...

Hey thanks berto, I am in process of uploading some videos on youtube as well. keep on checking for them as well