Monday 16 March 2009

Save the earth

Hi all,
I am back as promised with new stuff that I find interesting in my life. Lately I have been surrounded with all things going green and all organisations promising to do their bits for the environment.
I have been thinking of what a common man, who has nothing to do but spend money can do for the world, and then this wonderful idea struck my mind. If we stop purchasing stuff with excess packaging, the corporate world will get the idea of what the consumer is thinking. For example I have started visiting my local market more often for my vegetables and fruits, and I have been saving atleast one bag of rubish every week.
Okay if you ask me why does it matter? The answer is I have a Tesco clubcard, and they probably track my shopping habits throughout each quarter. From last couple of quarters they have been sending me more offers for vegetables and fruits, because someone out there has noticed that I am not buying anything from their shelves.
If more and more consumers start doing the same, I am pretty sure the corporate strategiests will notice the change, and they will take action to address this. No one wants to loose business.
So it's actually we the consumers who have to take action first, and then the corporates will have to follow.
Try this site LayZgreenPeople.com for more ideas. I did.

No comments: