Monday 31 March 2008

And I thought my name "Rasesh" is quite unique

I used to believe that I have quite a unique name, untill today. Since my school days, I only knew of one person apart from me who had the same name, and he was a chap who lived near my place, and fortunately he did not have exactly the same name. His name was "Rasesh Shah" and mine "Rasesh Dave".

Today morning just out of curiosity, I googled my name trying to find where exactly my baby site, and my blog fares. Surprisingly, even the query "Rasesh Dave London" did not get my sites or blog on the first page of the results, although all the entries that came as a result were either my posts on other blogs, or my contact details on the social networking sites. This prompted me to further trim down the query to just "Rasesh Dave". Again this resulted in my site coming at about 9th position.

Quite content with the result, the final blow came when I typed in just "Rasesh". Wow, I did not find a single mention of me in the first 13 pages! Google statistics suggest, that people do not go beyond 3rd page for the organic search results, so I pretty much can imagine now, the trouble my friends might be facing to locate me in the world wide web!

So I have tried to increase the chances of my name coming a bit further up that previous results, by keyword spamming in this blog. I just hope it works!

By the way for all those of you who are new to the field of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), this might serve as a classic example of how to enhance the site ratings with keyword spamming, which is not necessarily same as keyword littering. Also if you think of helping me improve the ratings, please give me a link on your blog to my site "http://www.web-geeks.co.uk", and I will reciprocate the favour!

No comments: