Thursday 6 March 2008

Richest Man in the world

They say United we stand, Divided we fall; this proverb has to be believed now, as the list of richest man on the earth is set to roll out by Forbes. Going through the list, I saw the huge amount of injustice prevailing in the world. I dont say, that people must not be rich, nor do I support communism, but just a thought crossed my mind, that if all these people in the top, adopted a small country, in Africa, Latin America, or any other small poor community, and work for the betterment of the society, will the world not be a better place to live.
I mean, I have been seeing the ads from the charity organisation saying £5 given to them goes a long way to improve the life of someone in the third world, and here we sit talking in billions. I do acknowledge that the people on the top are working with charities, and donating millions of $$, but something is wrong somewhere, as the life stays the same for the poor, and the rich.
If you eradicate the poverty from the African states, the violence would automatically stop, and that would result in reduced threats to the so called civilized world. That would be money well spent, I guess!
I would be editing the post tomorrow, as I have a day off into the week end, so check back for some serious stuff as well.

No comments: