Wednesday 4 June 2008

I am back again

The month of May saw me working really hard on the CMS project. I did not realize the extent, until today, when I actually figured out, I have not been to the gym since a month or so; and I completely missed to write a single blog entry for the month of may! How odd is that?
Well the project is due to go live by the end of these week, but a sudden power failure in the office building saw us doing nothing at all for the entire morning. It was only at 2PM that our boss figured out that the servers are not going to be restored until sometime late evening, we just might have to kill the rest of the day. So he asked us if we wanted to go home. I mean, how good it would have been if he said that as soon as the engineer told him his approximate time of arrival!
By the way, for all those who are still trying to figure out what happened as to an entire office block was without power supply in the business district of London, I dont have a clue as to what really went wrong, but the initial speculations suggests, that a fuse blew off due to a power surge last night. If it were India, someone would have volunteered and restored the fuse till the engineer came and had a close inspection, but then we are in a developed world!!!
So this gave me some time to blog. One update that I really want to communicate is my trip to India. I did have a word with my manager, and it seems he is fine with my holidays. The dates are not yet fixed, but will book the tickets when they are cheapest starting from 19th of December to 30th of December. For any further details, keep checking this page!

No comments: