Thursday 19 June 2008

It is almost an year since I wrote my first blog entry....

Well honestly it's not; but I wrote the first blog entry about the Lord Jagannath Rath yatra in london last year. Here it is again a month earlier this year. Last year, many of my friends complained, about not taking enough pictures of the procession, and the function. Guess what, I am going to get some pictures, and some videos as well. This is going to be a tough test on my cam, as I have not used it since I bought it six months ago! I did try to shoot some christmas fun on the streets of london, but turned out I am not that good at handling the camera, but will try a bit harder this time round. Hopefully, for you guys, it will be a better quality thing this time.



By the way, the met has a forecast of heavy rain during parts of the sunday, so there is a probability of the day ruined by the rain. But if my memory does'nt betrays me, this happened last year as well, but Lord Jagannath managed to drive away the clouds, and it was a bright sunny day at Trafalgar square. And again the met has failed to predict the correct weather forecast for atleast last couple of weeks, so I wont be putting my money in there, but will be holding out a coat in case, they manage to do it this time.



Another event worth visiting this weekend would be the Ramayana at the British Library. I have been planning to visit the library since the day I landed in London, as I was mesmerized by the site which claims the huge collection of the books. I have been always put down, by being alone to go out; as it turns out, I dont have many friends out in London, who are interested in visiting museums and libraries instead of shopping trips! But my uni friend Viral, has volunteered to accompany me to the exhibition, so I think I might have found a museum buddy. But in any case, my sis is to shift back to London once she is done with her uni, so I would have a permanent company to all museums in london.Good times ahead!



And finally before signing off, keep visiting for photos and videos of london rath yatra.

No comments: